Friday, January 12, 2007

Why I Need to Stay Up for Conan

Apparently while I was crawling into bed at ten o’clock last night, I was missing a Very Controversial Conan O’Brien. He performed a seemingly-hilarious skit as the Homophobic Country/Western Singer, singing the following diddy:

Oh I love you Jesus 
But only as a friend. 
You touched my heart but I hope 
That's where the touchin' ends.
You're always lookin' over me 
When I need a higher power. 
But you better look at somethin' else 
When I'm in the shower.

Oh, Conan, how I love thee. But apparently, not everyone agrees with me (shocker!). The good people at WorldNetDaily have issued the following statement:

"NBC has plummeted to the level of CBS, with a late-night skit that blatantly mocks Christianity by portraying Jesus as a homosexual voyeur, a stunt that would have been instantly condemned nationwide if it had focused on any subject other than Christianity, according to a pro-life leader…. We wonder if O'Brien's description of the character as a 'complete idiot' is based on the man's 'homophobic' beliefs or if it is because of the inference that Jesus could be sexually interested in seeing the man naked," Scott said. "I don't know if the man is a complete idiot, but I do suspect that the writer of the segment is a complete bigot."

Most of the statement is totally unreadable nonsense, but you get the idea here. The Christians are feeling persecuted. Well, join the freaking club. I am sure the homosexual community will send you a welcome basket, filled with fresh baked muffins, and hand crocheted doilies.


No comments: